Are you planning to visit Napa Valley anytime soon? If not, what are you waiting for?
As one of the most famous winemaking regions in the world, Napa Valley is home to over 400 wineries which visitors love to flock to year after year. With a dry Mediterranean climate, the valley is a particularly suitable place to grow fine wine grapes which, in turn, results in great tasting wines. It is no surprise that the most popular activity for visitors to Napa Valley is touring wineries and taking part in wine tastings. For those of you planning on just such a trip, we would like you to know that there is so much more to do and see and experience in the Napa Valley region. Napa and its environs are brimming with festivals and events that cater to all sorts of interests such as the arts, culinary, music, health and well-being, and adventure sports.
There Are Napa Valley Events All Year Round
The great thing about Napa Valley is that whatever month you plan on going, it is highly likely that you might stumble upon an ongoing event. Let’s take a look at some of the regular events you can experience in and around Napa throughout the year.
- Napa Lighted Art Festival – witness outstanding artwork created by local and international artists using lights and technology.
- Napa Truffle Festival – learn more about the prized ingredient and have a chance to sample truffle dishes made by world renowned chefs.
- Napa’s Culinary Crawl – participate in a unique walking tour focusing on food and wine. Taste dishes from the region’s best culinary destinations and sample local wines.
- Yountville International Short Film Festival – see the best of the short film world and meet the creators.
- Napa Valley Marathon & Napa Valley Women’s Half Marathon
- Yountville Live – enjoy exclusive musical performances from rising artists while savoring exquisite dishes made by master chefs and tasting various Napa wineries’ specialties.
- Arts in April – showcases of live music, art exhibitions, the culinary arts, theater performances, storytelling, and more.
- CampoVelo and Wine Valley Cycle for Sight – cycling events for a good cause.
- BottleRock Napa Valley – a three-day music festival also featuring the best in food and wine.
- Auction Napa Valley – a well-known charity wine auction and community fundraiser.
- Napa City Nights concert series
- St. Helena concert series
- Calistoga Concerts in the Park
- Festival Napa Valley – music, food, wine and lifestyle festival.
- Napa Town and Country Fair – exhibits, competitions, entertainment, and community events that bring local artists, crafts people, farmers, and youth together.
- Calistoga’s Harvest Table – local restaurants and wineries gather at the city center.
- Open Studios Napa Valley – meet various artists who will showcase their own artwork.
- Safeway Open – PGA event with music, food, and wine.
- This month also marks the height of harvest season for local wineries. If you want to take part in winemaking from the very first step, check out the Hands on Harvest at Fantesca Estate & Winery.
- Napa Valley Film Festival – independent films and talk to filmmakers, writers, and directors.
- Holidays in Yountville
- Napa’s Christmas Parade
- Reindeer Run
There really is more to Napa Valley than wine!
If you are planning a trip to Napa Valley, please consider all of the other activities and events you can take part in while visiting the area. In addition to those listed here, there is so much more to do. Visit local shops, eat at some of the best restaurants in the country, try a local beer, take a hot air balloon ride, or rent a bike and explore on your own.
Fantesca Estate & Winery
Fantesca is proud to offer events and experiences both at our Napa Valley winery and in premium locations around the country. Join us for the experience of a lifetime.
Contact us today to learn more!